ACTive ALIA Awards
ACTive ALIA is calling for nominations for its achievement awards, which recognise contribution to the local ACT ALIA groups and the library profession.The ACTive ALIA Awards recognise and promote the work of members of the association. The awards are open to personal financial members of ALIA.
Two awards are available:
- Outstanding Contribution Award
- Initiative Award
- The member has made a sustained contribution to activities of ALIA in the ACT
- The member has provided inspiration and leadership to library staff in the ACT
- The member may have been contributed to a single committee, group or activity or a range of ALIA committees and groups
- The member has made a sustained personal commitment and contribution to ALIA.
- The member has contributed to activities of ALIA in the ACT.
- The member has provided energy and enthusiasm in contributing to the development of library staff in the ACT
- The member may have contributed to a single committee, group or activity or a number of ALIA committees and groups
- The member has a personal commitment to ALIA and has demonstrated support of ALIA.
ALIA members who wish to be considered for the award or to nominate someone else should follow the procedures below:
- Each nomination should name the candidate, indicate which award the nomination is for, and present a brief supporting statement which addresses the relevant criteria (above).
- Each submission should give the names and ALIA membership numbers of a nominator and a seconder who are each personal financial members of ALIA.
- Nominations are to be submitted by email to the Awards Sub-committee of ACTive ALIA group, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for nominations is 14 June 2013.
The ACTive ALIA Awards selection committee for 2013 is Roxanne Missingham and Sherrey Quinn.
The awards will be presented at the ACTive ALIA midwinter dinner (4 July 2013, at The Scholar Restaurant, Dickson).
The successful recipient(s) of the awards will be required to:
- attend the presentation, if possible;
- write a brief article for ProACTive on their experiences as an ALIA member.