Friday, November 18, 2016

Tour of interim ACU Canberra Library 24 October 2016


Displaying IMG_1305.JPG

Proposed new library

A group of us gathered at  the Australian Catholic University (ACU) , Signadou campus Monday 24 October 2016 to visit the  interim library. ACU Canberra is  transitioning to a new library building but until that happens  some contingency  measures have been put in place. Helena Zobec the  campus library manager lead a tour of the interim portable library building . This building was needed so space could be freed up for the nursing labs and to house a growing collection.  The collection has been accommodated well in this  “big shed “ of a demountable and an airlock corridor put in place to link the library  access and computer  labs to the  demountable building. 
Helena  told us of the challenges in moving the collection into the demountable to make sure it was in the  correct  Dewey order when reshelved and the issues faced when using a demountable building that is  poorly insulated and can be very hot in summer. She recounted  how these issues had been managed and to some extent overcome to  make  the best use of the interim  building. Helena also  told us of the challenges of   planning for the new multi-use  building that is being designed to house both the  library and  to service other uses. The new building   will be a joy to work in for library staff  and well used  by   the studentsoffering   space to expand the collection, private and group study areas and  more room for  the information commons areas. What was  interesting was that  the new library will at long last have a separate tea room for library staff who currently eat at their desks or in the rose gardens if the  weather is fine. It was an enjoyable library tour  and I was glad I had gone along  to see the  interesting architecture of the former convent  building on the campus..
Displaying IMG_1303.JPG
Helen Zobec Canberra Campus Library Manager

1 comment:

  1. I’m Charles David by name, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere, Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Dr Purva Pius ( A God fearing man) who lend me a loan of $237,000 under 72 working hours without any stress. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan from this company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given the loan, If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

    I‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders.

    Thanks you Dr Purva Pius Loan service for your help.

    ReplyDelete